How do I set up multiple breakout rooms using Legaler?
You can create multiple breakout rooms in Legaler by scheduling a meeting for each room. This way, you can instantly create as many rooms as you need. Legaler is highly flexible and works around your needs, allowing you to create as many rooms you need and who can access them. For mediations, you can separate disputing parties into different rooms that only the mediator can navigate between. For training sessions, you can create a common caucus where the meeting begins. Legaler meetings can also be set up for arbitrations and negotiations.
Follow these steps to set up your breakout rooms:
1. Go to Meetings - On the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click “Meetings”.
2. Press the “+” sign - In the Meetings section, click “+”, then click “Schedule Meeting”.
3. Schedule Meeting - Create the first breakout room with the designated parties and the chosen time. When finished, click “Send Invites”. You have just created the first room.
4. Schedule Another Meeting - In the Meetings section, click“+”, then click “Schedule Meeting”. Complete the fields to create a meeting at the same time as the meeting above, customising the attendees as required, then click “Send Invites”. You have just created the second room.
5. Repeat the steps above until you have the correct number of the breakout rooms, with the right attendees invited to each.
Remember, meetings can overlap at the same time.
How do I open my rooms?
When it is time to hold your session, whether it be a training or a mediation, log in to Legaler and navigate to the Meetings section by clicking “Meetings” on the toolbar on the left side of the screen Click on the desired meeting that you have pre-scheduled, then click “Start Now”. The attendees will be notified the meeting has begun and may now join. You’ve just started your first breakout room!
When you are ready to enter the next breakout room, click the red button on the lower right corner of the screen. Click “Leave”. Do not click “End”. This will allow you to leave the room without ending it, so that the parties may continue to talk.
Return to the Meetings section in Legaler, find the next breakout room that you want to open, then click “Start Now”. You will now be in the next breakout room. Repeat these steps for all rooms, clicking “Leave”, rather than “End”, each breakout room.
How do I jump from breakout room to breakout room?
Legaler allows mediators and session organisers to constantly move between the breakout rooms. To do this, click the red button on the lower right corner of the screen. Click “Leave”. Do not click “End”. Return to the Meetings section and find the next breakout room that you want to join. Repeat as much as you need to swap between rooms!
Can my participants jump from breakout room to breakout room?
Yes! Just like organisers, participants may switch between all breakout rooms that they have been invited to by following the steps above. They will not be able to see breakout rooms that they have not been invited to.
How do I end my rooms?
When you are ready to conclude the meeting, click the red button on the lower right corner of the screen and click “End”. Return to the Meetings section and find the next breakout room that you want to close. Join the room and repeat the previous step to “End” the meeting.